Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian institutions
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications with respect to prospects. They might elect to set their particular interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The rising Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America and also the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for research or research, in Canada, in the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and student change agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between universities, technical or vocational organizations and universities. Pupils, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils inside their house organization during the time of application and throughout the whole period of the research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications with respect to qualified candidates from institutions in Latin America and also the Caribbean; and
- motivated to market this scholarship chance to faculty and staff users, along with to partner organizations in Latin America additionally the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective prospects:
- should determine a person that is single when it comes to management regarding the share contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get contribution capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants thinking about this scholarship system should contact their house organization to:
- make their interest known;
- determine if there clearly was a preexisting collaboration that is institutional trade contract with a Canadian organization; and
- demand information on the program procedure and selection requirements particular to the institution that is canadian provide any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation project and an enrollment type for the change program.
Selected prospects ought to:
- make sure they match the demands regarding the Canadian organization including scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as early as possible and proceed with the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally speaking a report license is needed for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house institution just as his or her Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni regarding the system through their property organization for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to verify or explore institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their worldwide workplaces;
- determine strong scholastic applicants whom meet up with the admission needs for the Canadian partner institution;
- offer the applicants’ papers into the Canadian partner organization, that is accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to get extra training that is linguistic scholastic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is created available by Global Affairs Canada through its legal name: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get capital from DFATD for many effective applicants by means of a share contract and will also be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or study.
Besides the funds assigned to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host organization could also claim CAD 500 per scholarship receiver to aid with administrative expenses after the scholarship receiver arrives in Canada.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds to your scholarship receiver to play a role in the costs that are following
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver just, to Canada because of the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion for the scholarship;
- medical insurance;
- bills, such as for example accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- books and materials needed for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems along with other gear.
re re Payment procedure
Susceptible to the conditions and terms associated with the Contribution Agreement, capital will soon be disbursed with a cheque given into the institution that is canadian getting the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority in the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the Canadian organization to coincide with all the arrival regarding the scholarship recipients to Canada.